Located at The Intercontinental Dubai Festival City, The Fish House is a beautiful space along the mall’s waterfront boasting of gorgeous interiors and an outdoor terrace. Walk in post sunset and you’ll be impressed by the waterfront views and a fire and water show. It’s a spacious restaurant with wooden elements and pops of white, blue and yellow that promise a warm, cozy and refreshing vibe. Portraits of Emirati fishermen on the walls of the restaurant emphasize on their concept of ‘boat to table.’
This contemporary seafood restaurant prides itself in sourcing the freshest produce with an unmatched cooking style, leading to an authentic dining experience. Hand-select your own catch from their assortment of premium fresh delicacies of the ocean. With a gorgeous open kitchen, you can watch the team prepare your dish with the freshest ingredients. Cooking styles include deep-fried, pan-fried, poached, oven-baked, breaded and barbecued, so you can pick what suits your palate.
What we ate and loved:
– Mezzeh Platter: This was a beautifully presented portion for the table including hummus, taboulleh, babaghanoj, muhamara, olives, pickles and pita bread
– Fragrant Cured Salmon: Coriander, cumin and sesame cured salmon with a tomato, fennel and radicchio salad was a real treat for salmon lovers with perfectly balanced flavors
– Charcoal Grilled Octopus: Plated on a bed of carrot hummus, smoked butter, marcona almonds and chilli, this dish was a sure-shot winner. This was my first attempt at octopus and fortunately a pleasant one. I expected it to be fishy but it wasn’t as smooth as fish and was a lot more textured
– Fried Whitebait: Served on a mound of creamy tahini sauce, the thin and crispy batter was perfectly seasoned
– Sumac Grilled Halibut: A light, full of flavour and healthy dish embellished with green apple, fennel, radish and watercress salad
– This gorgeous, smooth, creamy and indulgent cheesecake with tahini jelly and tonka bean syrup was #cheesecakegoals. Tahini jelly went perfectly well with rich and intense vanilla-caramel notes of tonka bean creating a burst of beautiful flavors
– Grandma’s Apple Pie: Served with maple pecan ice-cream and warm maple syrup, this gorgeously presented dessert is packed with delicately sweet cinnamon sugared apples, covered with a flaky crust and baked to perfection
– Double Fudge Chocolate Brownie: Super-decadent, perfectly dense – went scrumptiously well with sweet and salty peanut butter ice-cream
– Caramelized Pineapple Ravioli with coconut and date brulee: Rich, intense, contrasting flavors created a riot in the mouth
The Fish House is an ideal spot for a leisurely weekend lunch or a dinner with someone you want to impress. I’ll surely be revisiting soon again. Catch you there!