Showcasing a fusion of Latin American mouth-popping flavors combined with Japanese seasonings and French techniques, Waka Restaurant & Bar at The Oberoi Dubai promises a truly unique experience. It brings together the perfect blend of service, style, and design, with an inviting vibe, creating a perfect setting for an intimate as well as a fun dining experience. Bold artworks adorning the walls create a hipster vibe that instantly make the space a warm, vibrant and cozy one.
With a live ceviche bar, an a-la-carte menu and a special vegetarian menu, it offers something for everyone. We recently attended an event organized by Zomato Gold to try the Iftar menu at Waka. Incase you’re wondering, Zomato Gold introduced by Zomato allows you to enjoy limitless dining privileges with a 1+1 on food or a 2+2 on drinks at some of the best restaurants and bars in the city.
What we ate:
– Quinoa & beet sliders: Crunchy deep fried patty with tangy mango chutney and spicy rocoto dip made this dish an absolute winner
– Seafood biryani: A combination of prawns, calamari and scallops tossed together in oyster sauce made this a simple yet flavorful dish
– Mushroom Anticucho: Mushroom skewers with honey, rocoto, aji panca and thyme, sprinkled with pistachio shavings. This dish is surely a must-try with diverse tastes and sweet, smoky, zesty flavors.
– Salted caramel cheesecake with raspberry sorbet: Sweet, salty, creamy and very berry yummy
– Dates très leches with passion fruit sorbet: Light, airy, milky sponge cake goes perfectly well with the tart and fruity sorbet