Tuskers, voted as India’s best vegetarian restaurant by The Times Food Guide at Sofitel Mumbai BKC offers a South Indian treat, every weekend with the launch of its South Indian Breakfast Buffet. Guests can savour dishes from Kerala and Tamil Nadu especially prepared by Chef E. Munichandrudu. The spread includes scrumptious dishes like dosas, vadas, paniyaram, sevai coconut upma and more.
Dosa lovers can pick from options like Sada, Masala, Mysore, Spinach, Beetroot to name a few. A special Chocolate Dosa is also available for children on request. Health enthusiasts can opt for Oats Bisibela Bath, Ragi Uttapam, Carrot Dosa among other options. With live cooking stations and unique flavours, Chef Muni crafts wonders to each table.
What I tried:
– Cutting Coffee
– Idli & Vada with different kinds of chutneys and sambar
– Tomato Uttapam
– Kolakotai (Steamed masala rice dumpling)
– Ragi Idiyappam (Ragi flour steamed cake)
– Rawa Upma (Semolina cooked with mustard seeds and curry leaves)
– Ven Pongal (Rice cooked with lentil and ghee)
– Citrannum (Rice tossed with lemon juice and spice)
– Rawa Kesari (Semolina cooked with sugar)
What impressed me:
– Every dish was served fresh and hot and was delicious
– With an immense knowledge of South Indian cuisine, Chef Muni will be introducing guests to almost 46 different items with this buffet that will include approximately 18-22 different varieties of chutneys, all of which will be available on a rotational basis
– Since the menu changes every week, there’s always something new to look forward to
– The food is simple – like home-style food and enjoyable
C 57, Block G,
Mumbai – 400051.
7am to 11am
Priced at INR 711/- plus taxes, the buffet is available every Saturday & Sunday only.