Saleem’s of Delhi is a hidden gem in Karama that gives you a taste of authentic Mughlai food reminiscent of the Mughal era. With a relaxed atmosphere, old Bollywood classics playing in the background and cozy interiors decked up with portraits and historic landmarks of Purani Dilli, it transports you to the land of the Mughals.
While we enjoyed everything that we tried, the kebabs surely deserve a special mention because of their deliciousness. Soft, juicy and tender pieces of succulent kebabs blended in different aromatic spices and flavors, made our experience a lot more memorable.
What we tried and loved:
– Murg Zafrani Tikka: Chunks of chicken, blended with exotic spices and cooked in a clay oven. Bite into it and you will be able to taste the subtle hints of saffron along with ground spices that give it an exquisite flavor, making this dish one of our absolute favorites.
– Murg Gilafi Seekh: Minced chicken kebab coated with finely diced vegetables and aromatic spices. A mildly spicy dish that tastes incredibly delicious.
– Mutton Seekh Kebab: Saleem’s special kebab mince slow cooked over charcoal – the perfect blend of spices and flavors.
– Mutton Chapli Kebab: Kebab patty cooked over an iron griddle.
– Dahi Ke Sholey: Lightly spiced deep fried kebabs with creamy yogurt and vegetable filling, best enjoyed when eaten hot.
– Murg Mussalam: A mouth-watering Awadhi delicacy made with pieces of chicken dunked in a rich spicy gravy, topped with boiled eggs.
– Gosht Nihari: Mutton cooked in an amalgamation of exotic spices. Exudes aromatic flavors and is a must-try for mutton lovers.
– Shahi Tukda: This is the Indian version of the humble bread pudding, made of fried bread soaked in sugar syrup topped with condensed milk and nuts.
– Gajar Ka Halwa: If you haven’t tried the Indian carrot pudding, you’re surely missing out!
All in all, we had a wonderful meal at Saleem’s of Delhi and will surely be back soon again.
Location: Al Karama, Opposite the Dubai Frame