We’re currently living in the ‘organic’ age! All of a sudden, everyone has started focusing on all things pure and natural. So when I came across Kokos Natural, I thought maybe its just another brand in the market. But I was wrong!
Kokos Natural is an export and retail house that specializes in selling natural & organic products. With products like organic coconut sugar, Himalayan pink salt and raw banana flour, they aim to transform the food industry into a healthier and organic eating one.
– Organic Coconut Sugar:
With the sweetness similar to cane sugar, organic coconut sugar is the best substitute sweetener without any negative health hazards. Suitable for anyone with diabetes, gallstones, cancer and heart diseases, coconut sugar is obtained from the Coconut Nucifera grown in abundance in South India, South East Asia and Hawaii. It is minimally processed, unbleached and contains no preservatives.
Their Tropikoko Organic Coconut Sugar is one of the healthiest sweeteners as it has a low glycemic Index, low fructose content and trace amounts of various vitamins and minerals.
– Himalayan Pink Salt:
Hand mined from the Himalayan Mountain range, Himalayan pink salt is not only a substitute, but a better choice than table salt. The salt color varies from pink to white to red, depending on the rich iron content in it. Protected from today’s pollution because of its pristine environment, snow and lava beds, Himalayan pink salt is said to be the purest form of salt on Earth.
Their Natirèl Himalayan Pink Salt is the best option to regulate body hydration levels, blood pressure, and healthy sleep patterns. It also has less sodium intake per serving in comparison to table salt, making it a healthier option.
– Raw Banana Flour:
A gluten free replacement of flour, raw banana flour is becoming a fast growing trend amongst a lot of new diets. With its light texture, high fiber content, low sugar content, low cholesterol and zero chemicals and preservatives, it is the fastest growing substitute for wheat and whole wheat flours.
Their Natirèl Raw Banana Flour can be incorporated into every meal of the day and can be preserved from 6 months to a year, if stored in place free of moisture and excess heat.
Here are some super easy, healthy dessert recipes incorporating all the above products. Don’t forget to tag me if you try them 🙂
Chocolate Beetroot Cake:
– 160g roasted beetroot (about 1 medium/large)
– 90g Kokos Natural Organic Coconut sugar
– 60g dark chocolate, chopped
– 80g olive oil
– 2 eggs
– A pinch of salt
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 20g cocoa powder
– 55g Kokos Natural Raw Banana Flour
– 1 tbsp tapioca flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– Puree the beetroot, chocolate and sugar together for 10 seconds in a blender.
– Add the oil, eggs, salt, vanilla and cacao powder, and blend for 10 seconds.
– Add the banana flour, tapioca flour and baking powder and fold until well combined. Pour into a lined cake tin and bake for 30-25 minutes at 160*C.
Chocolate Chip Cookies:
– 2 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
– 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 2 large eggs
– 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 pinch ground cinnamon
– 2 cups chocolate chips
– 1 tbsp Kokos Natural Himalayan Pink Salt
– Preheat oven to 180*C
– In a mixing bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter together at medium speed until fluffy.
– Add the eggs and beat until combined.
– In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, then add to the butter mixture and combine. Stir in the chips by hand.
– Drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets by rounded 1-inch balls, leaving 1 inch between them. Sprinkle a pinch of Himalayan pink salt on top of each ball of dough.