Had a fabulous experience at The Boston Butt, India’s first smokery, charcuterie and bar. Inspired by the pre-prohibition era, TBB offers lip-smacking South American fare with a large variety of options in both, vegetarian and non-vegetarian. Set in Kala Ghoda’s vintage building, the 2500 sq.ft space has a very New Orleans French quarter look and feel. White walls, on both levels, are adorned with specially designed mirrors, depicting some of Americas best known liquor brands. The place has a chilled out, warm and welcoming vibe. It’s bright and cheerful!
Coming to the menu, it lays equal emphasis on vegetarian and non-vegetarian and is divided into various groups to make life easy. Choose from soul food favourites, hearty and quick bites to smoky comfort foods – there’s something for every palate. Focused on using a low and slow cooking technique, TBB follows a process of roasting and smoking for over 12-13 hours, with a variety of different woods such as Apple wood and birch to add a smoky flavour and texture to each ingredient.
We sampled quite a few dishes from their menu, out of which I loved the following ones the most:
– Bloom bread: cheesy and comforting
– Nachos Mezze: different from the regular version
– St. louis style slow cooked smoked peppery pork ribs: tender and flavourful
– Smoked calamari chilli: deliciously different
– Philly cheesesteak chicken roll: the best I’ve had so far
– Seafood gumbo with butter parsley rice: interesting combination
– Skillet chocolate chip cookie with house made ice creams: sinful and decadent. The salted caramel ice cream was lovely too.