Monsoon is the perfect season to enjoy cold, tangy beverages that quench your thirst and hydrate you at the same time. And if those drinks are healthy and super yummy, what more can you ask for? Over the past few months, I’ve heard people talk about fruit infusions. If you’re wondering what that is…they’re basically a combination of several fruits, best enjoyed when immersed in hot/cold water. So I obviously decided to experiment with them and see what the fuss is about.
Ty.phoo – the Indian arm of a 100+ year old British brand known for its delectable tea flavors has recently introduced a refreshing range of fruit infusions that can be savored as a hot or cold beverage. Their luxurious brews are caffeine free and available in three exotic flavors – Orange Spicer: A blend of fruity orange with cinnamon, ginger and clove, Blackcurrant Bracer: Made from blackcurrant berries, hibiscus and rosehips and Lemon & Lime Zest: Made from lemon and lemon zest.
I decided to check them out and discovered some really cool things in the bargain:
1) If you ever get bored of water, infused water brings variety to the palate and is a fun, simple yet delicious option that keeps you hydrated through the day.
2) Ty.phoo’s fruit infusions are natural sources of antioxidants and are a great alternative against artificially flavored drinks. So good-bye fizzy sodas and (so-called) diet drinks!
3) Aromatic and refreshing, these thirst-quenchers boost your energy levels and prevent you from feeling lethargic.
4) They are packed with freshness that help calm you down after a long and tiring day at work or post an intense work-out.
5) Each pack contains 25 tea bags and is packaged in a heat sealed envelope that helps retain their flavors…which means you can experiment and come up with atleast 10 different recipes. Isn’t that awesome!
In short, Ty.phoo’s fruit infusions make the perfect monsoon coolers that can be relished at any given time of the day. Wondering how to use them? Try out these quick, easy and stimulating recipes at home. I promise, you’ll thank me later 🙂
1) Orange Spicer:
– Ty.phoo’s Orange Spicer Infusion
– Orange juice
– Bay leaves
– Add two bags of the infusion to a cup of hot water and infuse for 2-3 minutes.
– Boil a cup of water and add in 9 cloves and 3 bay leaves. Keep on flame until the water is reduced to half. Strain and keep aside.
– In a glass, pour 1/2 the infused concentrate along with the strained water.
– Add orange juice, as per taste.
– Stir well and serve. Can also be refrigerated for 2-3 hours prior.
2) Blackcurrant & Peach:
– Ty.phoo’s Blackcurrant Bracer Infusion
– Add two bags of the infusion to a cup of water and infuse for 2-3 minutes.
– Cut 2 peaches into chunks.
– In a separate glass, pour 1/2 the infused concentrate. Add in the peaches and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
– Stir in the soda and refrigerate. Serve chilled.
3) Lemon & Lime Cooler:
– Ty.phoo’s Lemon and Lime Zest Infusion
– Mint leaves
– Add two bags of the infusion to a jug of water and infuse for a few minutes until the water changes color.
– Cut 1/4 pineapple into chunks, grate some ginger, finely chop a spring of mint leaves and add to the infused water.
– Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours and serve chilled.
*Ty.phoo fruit infusions are available at all leading MBO’s such as Nature’s Basket, Foodhall, Big Bazaar, Modern Bazaar etc. They also have a wide variety of black teas, green teas, flavored teas and organic infusions.