When Chef Sanjana Patel introduced Mumbai to her scrumptious desserts, it was pretty evident that she was all set to revolutionize the city’s culinary scene. After two successful stores in Kala Ghoda and Lower Parel, her latest outlet – La Folie Lab, offers a complete sensorial experience. A new and different concept, it promises to give its customers the best dessert experience ever.
What to expect:
– A swanky new place that is modern and organic.
– Step in and you can spend hours chatting, indulging or simply watching chefs plate desserts and other items to perfection.
– The decor is very chic and different from regular studios. Bright yellow bar stools, a modern éclair bar, unique crockery, finger imprinted cutlery and a glass facade with vanilla pods and candied oranges makes the space vibrant and beautiful.
– Walk in during the day and watch chefs swing in action as they roll traditional French baguettes, temper dark chocolate and glaze éclairs to perfection.
– As the sun goes down, the studio transforms into a chic dessert bar with a variety of sweet treats that include the existing take away dessert menu, éclairs, a la minute desserts and their ‘dessert art’ weekend specials.
– Desserts aren’t the only thing to look out for at La Folie Lab. An extensive savory menu has also been introduced that features all-time breakfast favorites like Croque Monsieur and Eggs Benedict and innovative dishes like a Savoury Mille-Fuille among others.
– Each dish is prepared using fresh produce that are harvested from the ‘living wall’ (a vertical garden that features an assortment of live herbs and micro-greens).
– A dedicated eclair bar offers unique flavors like Berry Cheesecake, Salted Caramel Popcorn and Black Sesame.
– Though the service is a tad bit slow, everything that comes to your table is fresh and flavorful.
#1 Libra Towers,
70 Hill Road (Opposite St. Peter’s Church),
Bandra, Mumbai – 400050.