Located in the heart of Bandra, Wok Express is a newly opened 30 seater restaurant that serves dimsums and offers bubble tea. Each wok can be customized as per your taste and preferences and can also be redone in case you are unsatisfied with what you are served. To make your own wok, start by choosing a base (options are – steamed rice, udon/wheat/ramen noodles), then choose fresh vegetables or meats and lastly the sauces, which range from traditional teriyaki to more adventurous pumpkin curry and sambal, along with condiments. Each dish is served with a complimentary fortune cookie. The more dishes you order, the more your fortune unfolds. Overall the food is tasty and is decently priced. The service is quick and portions are huge so do not get too greedy while placing an order. It is definitely a great option for a take-away or a quick meal.
What I tried:
– Pink Guava Bubble Tea
– Lemon Bubble Tea
– Thai Bubble Tea
– Coriander Chicken Dumplings
– Har Gau – Prawn Dumplings
– Crystal Dumplings
– Chicken & Steamed Rice in Chilli Basil Sauce
– Fish & Ramen Noodles in Kung Pao Sauce
What impressed me:
– The Pink Guava & Lemon Bubble Teas were served chilled and were very refreshing. For all those of you who don’t know, Bubble Tea is a beverage made with a tea base that is mixed with fruit or milk. It also consists of jellies or tapioca balls and is blended with various flavors and sweeteners and served cold. It originated in Taiwan in the 1980’s and spread all over post that.
– The Coriander Chicken Dumplings were served hot and fresh. They were juicy and tasty. The casing of the dim sums wasn’t too thick/thin either making it just perfect
– The dumplings were served with three sauces that complimented each flavor well
– Their wok portions were huge and filling
– The Chilli Basil Sauce was delicious and spicy
What disappointed me:
– The Thai Bubble Tea was a tad bit milky for my liking
– Crystal Dumplings were slightly bland and could have been tastier
– They do not serve any plates which makes it inconvenient to share dim sums.
Dheeraj Swapna Building,
Bandra West, Mumbai.
11am to 11pm