212 All Day Cafe & Bar recently opened its doors to Phoenix Market City, Kurla. Located on the first floor, this all-day diner has taken a spot right next to Irish House. As you enter, 212 transports you to a chic European bistro with its elegant ambiance and songs like Avril Lavigne’s Complicated and Big Yellow Taxi by Counting Crows playing in the background. The decor is simple yet sophisticated. The seating is a mix of cozy wooden tables, chairs and sofas which also extends into an al-fresco section at the backside. A display of cheeses and desserts are available right at the entrance from where people can order in or takeaway. The food menu is an eclectic mix of salads, burgers, sandwiches, flatbreads and a selection of gourmet entrees prepared by Chef Paul Kinny and his team.
Small Plates & Salads:
– Watermelon & Goat Cheese Stack
– Crumbling Crostini
– Buffalo Chicken Wings
– Toasted Grilled Prawns
Stone Hearth Thin Crust Flatbread Pizzas:
– Spicy House Special
– Barbeque Chicken
Hand Made Burgers:
– Shroom Burger
– BBQ Chicken Burger
– Crème Brûlée
– Chocolate Cheesecake
What impressed me:
– The vegetarian dishes served to us were outstanding. Though I am extremely fond of non-vegetarian, I relished the vegetarian dishes a tad bit more than the non-vegetarian ones.
– The Watermelon & Goat Cheese Stack was refreshing, light and delicious
– The Crumbling Crostini had a hint of feta and basil which added to its flavor
– The Buffalo Chicken Wings were well cooked and melted in the mouth
– The flatbreads were irresistible. They were oozing with cheese and we just couldn’t stop ourselves at a slice
– The Shroom Burger had crumb-fried portobello and garden mushrooms with melted gruyère while the BBQ Chicken Burger had grilled chicken with barbeque sauce. Both the dishes, served with a cart full of fries and salad on the side, were sufficiently cheesy and flavorsome.
– The Crème Brûlée was soft, not too sweet and was double the size served at any other restaurant while the Chocolate Cheesecake was perfectly balanced in its crumbly texture and had the perfect amount of sweetness
– Apart from the food, the servers were extremely polite, helpful and courteous
What disappointed me:
– The Toasted Grilled Prawns were a bit sour for my liking
212 All Day Cafe & Bar,
Phoenix Marketcity Kurla,
LBS Marg Kurla W.
11.30 am till 11.30 pm